Diwali Eve' 2010

At 9:30pm I received a call from Mr. Zero, my ex roomie. He asked me whether I was game for a ride to Bangalore International Airport(BIAL). I asked, " What's the matter?". He replied in his usual way of making things secretive and interesting, "Would you like to complete the job half done the weekend before?". A little bit of background, last weekend after having his Korean whiskey we just stepped out of the house to have some fun. I don't remember who suggested but we decided to go to his love interest and give her chocolates. I think the suggestion can come from me only because at the time whoever was with us no one else was involved in that relationship. I don't know why but I love to play the role of a cupid. I always want to play an important role in my friends relationship. That makes me feel that I'm still connected to them even after the advent of their love. So we just started on our bike ride to reach her place which would have been some 30Kms. But I think it was his misfortune that she was asleep at that time of the night and she didn't pick his call. But we were already halfway through and we didn't want to waste the mood. So, my flatmate Mr. Paintra called his girlfriend and we went there to give her the chocolates. It's always good to have some backup. We enjoyed our 5, 6 minutes talk and came back.
So, Mr Zero was not able to meet his love interest Miss K on that day and he was asking to complete that job today. Miss K was leaving for her hometown for Diwali. Her flight was at 6 in the morning but since BIAL is some 50Kms from the city and she was not sure of any transportation in the morning so she had reached the airport at 12'0 clock in the night itself and she would have to waste these hours on some boring novel. My friend Mr. Zero was to be her rescuer. I said "I'm always game for a long ride. I'll reach your house in 20 minutes." Anyways I had no other good thing to do. My flatmate and his girlfriend were lost in themselves. I think two lovers don't need the world around. They can go days in and nights out together, the world outside goes into oblivion.
I reached his house in sometime, there was a little downpour and the climate was a bit cold. We set out at 11:30. The ride to Airport is always the best you can have. Wide 8 lane smooth roads, no speed breakers. The bike instantly reaches to 90Kmph and you can carry that speed for quite some time. I was loving the thumping sound of my bike in the silence of the night. To add fun to it, there was a little bit of drizzling. The whole atmosphere was making me intoxicated. We reached BIAL pretty much fast. They greeted each other, he introduced me. God, she was quite pretty and dressed as I have always wanted them to be dressed. It was very cold atmosphere and I've a problem that generally I've to pee a lot. And because of this coldness the urgency had increased. I took an excuse from them and went in search of a toilet. As the airport was big enough it would have taken me some 20 minutes to find the pay and use toilet, to get relieved and to return back. The toilet was of sulabh international whose genesis was from Bihar. In fact the sulabh sauchalaya idea itself has evolved in Bihar and Mrs. Shiela Dikshit accuses Bihari for making her city dirty, just imagine.
When I returned back they were deep into talks. I was imagining a bollywood climax style happening, lovers going to be separated on the airport and because of the thought of separation both confessing their love for each other. But I think I was immature and day dreaming. These two were just having general talks about common friends, work culture of their respective companies, things about Mr Zero's Korea visit, his physiotherapy treatment for his index finger. The longest they talked about was different love marriages, relationships they had witnessed. They would have at least discussed some 10 couples and in all of them I was hearing Mr. Zero screaming inside "I also want to marry someone I love" and the similar feelings from Miss K. But none of them saying it explicitly. Of the stories, one had married her senior, one's boyfriend appeared weird to Miss K, one was inter religion hindu groom muslim bride from some political family, living for sometime in disguise and anonymity and finally being accepted by the family. This inter religion couple was that of her elder brother so this story was given the maximum bandwidth. It had some post marriage discussion also, how the bride is facing some small issues in adjusting to the hindu rituals. After all these talks when we checked the watch it was 4:30 in the morning. The time had passed so swiftly in these short stories and yes she was relieved from the boring novel as was the mission of Mr. Zero's act. It was time for her to go for check-in, security, blah blah. So we were ready to leave. When we were bidding good bye, he gave her a chocolate box. I tried to read their eyes, that look that gaze can't be described in word's. I used to see the same expression in my mom's and dad's eyes when I used to leave the house for hostel. Mr. Zero and Miss K might not have kissed or held their hands together but it was all in their eyes. And it was this moment that made me think that the night ordeal was not wasted. At least this moment can be cherished for a long time. Hope their "this thing" turns out to be something.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Swimming Madness

A Fine Sunday Morning

Don't know what Title I should keep