Once In A while I Fall Sick

Last week I was at my home town. I had went there to enjoy my holidays but to me and my family despair, typhoid caught me on the first day and didn't leave me till the holidays were over. I had to attend one of my senior's marriage but couldn't go in that also. My chance of meeting with friends and having fun were also lost.
After 3 days of fever I was taken to the nearest doctor. After examination his very first question was if I've been outside my hometown in the last fifteen days. The obvious answer was yes, I live in Bangalore and have come here just three days back. Hearing this he opened his Pandora's box diseases starting from malaria, typhoid and reaching "I don't know what" disease and added precautions he takes from patients from Pune and Bangalore after the swine flu stint. He was looking for his mask but couldn't find it. He did his best to create panic in my mind. He gave a huge list of tests to be done. My father was familiar with this doctor so he just asked which of these are essentials and which are good to have ones. He indicated appropriately. I went to the pathologist and gave him the blood sample.
Then the waiting period for result started. It has been years since I've waited for any result restlessly. This added small excitement (creepy me). Finally at 9:30pm I was declared to be suffering from typhoid. I had this fever once in my matriculation days and it was very bad period with upset stomach and lots of vomiting.
But this time no pukes yet. I anticipated that it is bound to come in a day or two. I didn't have to wait for long. The next night itself I had several rounds of puking. I don't know whether it was my anxiety or the foul taste of medicines that brought it so soon and in numerous amount. It was like yuck.
The next day in the morning itself I was taken to the same doctor. The vomiting action had left me very week. I was not able to sit on the bike's back also. But I was trying hard not to show my weakness. After reaching doctor's clinic my blood pressure was checked. The doctor declared that its too low. Blood pressure constitutes one of the principal vital signs of life as written in medicine books. So it meant I was low on life. He came into action as a fire-fighter, with his team of apprentices, made me lie on the bed, gave one injection in my butt, pierced and left the syringe in my veins near the hand and forearm joint. From that time I was continuously given saline water through that hole till the evening.
I wake up only once on that day to use the loo. My father was holding the saline water bottle and I went inside to relieve myself. But in the midway itself everything blackened out and I became unconscious. When I became conscious I came to know that my uncle had to accompany my father to lift me up and put me on bed. Really a horrible time. Finally I was released in evening and came back home.
The saline water is kind of a magic. It treats you instantly. The next day itself I was feeling a lot better. This was the reception day of the marriage I was to attend. But today also I was not in a condition to go on my own. So I dropped the plan. The day after I felt confidence, thought at least I'll go meet the bride and groom and come back. But I soon as I came out, sat on my bike, the scorching sun broke all my confidence. It seems Bangalore's too good climate has made me weak. But with my stubborn nature I continued. I reached halfway to his house and was unable to continue. Luckily my Phuaji's house was there I went there took rest and dropped the plan. Next day I flew back to Bangalore.
Sorry, Sirjee couldn't meet with anyone of you.

PS: This might be pretty shabby as I'm scribbling after a long time. So apologies.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Swimming Madness

A Fine Sunday Morning

Don't know what Title I should keep