Golden 18 months Comes to an End

My association with Aricent has come to an end. It has left only sweet memories and sometimes I just wonder was it really to necessary to break this tie up. Let me just recall this glorious period and see what all I went through.
The start happened on 30'th June, 2009. In spite of the rumors of late joining, Aricent was second only to TCS in giving the joining date for our campus. This was a welcome respite for all of us who were to join as we were getting bored of doing nothing at home for the last 2 months. The three months training period was an extension of college life with two major exceptions. The guys were not that close as in college and the girls were not that far as in our college. There was healthy interaction.
The best part were the non technical sessions. It was great fun to participate in the activities scheduled for such sessions. In business acumen session the instructor gave us a psychometric test. Based on the score he gave his verdict that I was not for engineering but I was made for business. But the drama he created in saying these words was spell bounding. Acting as if he is greatly shocked to see the disparity between the score I got in his psychometric test and my academic background.
The technical sessions were cakewalk for any CS background engineer. It was all practical for the theoretical knowledged mugged up in the college. I wished this all should have been in the curricullum. Anyways since the work pressure was really absent so it gave a lot of time to me to enjoy the NCR. I used to goto malls and shopping complexes religiously almost every day. And the hot Delhi girls were icing on the cake. It was too much for a small town boy like me. But gradually I was getting used to it. Saturdays and Sundays were generally spent at few of my relatives' house. There were quite a few of them.
Finally the fun filled Delhi era was over. Next to Bangalore in subsequent posts.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Swimming Madness

A Fine Sunday Morning

Don't know what Title I should keep