Club Feet

I had not seen my baby ( :) possessive ) in these five months. Not that he/she was five months old and i had  not seen him, it was just that my wife was into her fifth month and i had not accompanied her inside the ultrasound scan room on the previous two occasions. So till now i had not seen him/her. One of my close friend had advised me several times that it is a norm and i should also accompany my wife but some how i didn't feel the need. But this time i went inside, the reason i'll tell you later. But first the view:
Some one had told me that once you see your baby all your woes will vanish. And i think this was definitely that moment. The world had never been so beautiful. I had forgotten everything in that one moment. And my baby also seemed to be sharing my feelings. She/he was happily giggling just like me. She/he was yawning inside my wife's womb far from the worries of the world. It was definitely love at first sight with my kid.
The reason for the third scan:
In the second scan my baby was diagnosed with bilateral club feet, a congenital physical deformity. Club feet, which occurs in one in every 1000 births and its bilateral version is slightly more rare, one in 2000 births. So my baby was already a special kid,  one in thousands. When the doctor informed us about this I had my characteristic smiling expression. It may be concluded as foolish expression, the reason being i don't know how to react to such a situation, so i just keep a constant smiling face. But, my wife seemed to be shocked and disturbed. Our doctor did her expected job of counselling her. I don't know if it helped her or not.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Swimming Madness

A Fine Sunday Morning

Don't know what Title I should keep