Stranger

The incident I'm going to narrate happened with one of my colleague. I'll write in his words.
I don't know whether I appear dumbo from my face or from my activities I send strong vibrations of dumbness. I'm always in scenarios where in my near and dear ones as well as those who are distant relatives or even acquaintances will be asking me for some kind of favor from me, be it financial or in service. This is one similar account.
It was a Saturday evening when i usually watch any movie in a theater nearby. I was on my normal schedule as on any other Saturday. When I was on the bus my father called me and I attended his call without realizing that I've grabbed someone else's attention also. When my call ended, the guy standing beside me came to me. He was dressed up like a dude having very modern attire, latest hair cut like a hippy. He introduced himself to me in my local language. He must have got the idea that I'm from his place from my conversation to my father. I didn't care much and had a casual guys talk. During the course of the talk I came to know that he was a brahmin by caste and was on his way back from a house after conducting hawans. This was in contrast to the attire he was having. His thoughts appeared to be in synch with his caste. This was testified by his comments for a girl in jeans who boarded the bus on the next stop. He went on giving a lecture of one hour on how the girls should behave and wear dresses according to our tradition. I tried to contradict him saying that its their wish, let them wear what they, let them behave in whatever manner they want, why should we act as moral police. But his aggression suppressed my arguments and I'm not of a kind to impose my thoughts on others so I didn't try the next time.
In the end we exchanged numbers also on the pretext that if he visits this same theater again for any movie, he would give me a call to join him.
Few days passed, he again called me casually and asked my well-being and traditional questions like where do I live and how do i spend my days. That day the call ended with these talks. I was getting skeptical that this guy will also follow the same path and will end up asking for some kind of favor. And I was not wrong. He again called me this Tuesday. This time he asked me more about my flatmates where do they work, when do they leave. I was not getting any idea where this was leading. But i didn't have to wait for long. He dropped the bomb on me. He asked me if he could come to my house with his girlfriend to spend few hours with her when no one was around.
I abused him like hell remembering what all he had said to me on the bus and cut the call. World is full of hypocrites like him who will have one thinking for the whole society and the other for themselves. They will give lectures of chastity and abstinence but if the same situation comes to them they would think materialistically. God save me from people like him.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Swimming Madness

A Fine Sunday Morning

Don't know what Title I should keep